Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend Finds

Jordan and I went out for a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday to do a little detecting.  We have been trying a new spot that appears to not have been hit as hard as some of the local parks.  Yesterday we had about a dollar in clad along with this nice pendant.  It is a Saint Christopher pendant with Sterling and Hayward on the back.  After doing a little research it appears to be made by the W.E. Hayward Sterling Co.  They have been in business since around 1851 and is supposed to be the oldest jewelry company in America.  This pendant was probably made around the 1950s.  The quarter in the picture is there for a size reference.  We didn't really find anything else Saturday.  Pulling the sterling silver pendant out of the ground made up for the lack of anything else.

We decided to hit the same area today and I am glad we did.  Although we didn't find much clad, the day turned out great.  It was a bit on the chilly side, especially for an idiot like myself that went out in shorts.  I believe the temp was in the mid to upper 40s.  Anyways right off the bat I started digging wheaties.  We managed to pull a total of 5 wheaties on the day.  I also dug a very nice 1919 D Mercury Dime.  The highlight of the day came when I dug a 1940 Walking Liberty Half Dollar.  This is my second Walking Liberty half and forth half dollar I have dug with the E-Trac.

I can't wait to get back to this same spot as there is still a lot of ground that we have not covered.  I am confident that there are still quite a few silvers waiting to be found there!

No comments:

Post a Comment